It is a concise homebuyer report designed by the RICS to provide an economical service, which can only be provided by its members. The report doesn’t detail every aspect of the property and only focuses on matters that the surveyor judges to be serious or urgent.
The main objectives of RICS HBR is to assist you in
- Making a reasoned and informed decision on whether or not to proceed with the purchase
- Assessing whether or not the property is reasonably priced
- Identifying decisions and actions that should be taken before contracts are exchanged
- Assessing the general state of repair and condition of the property and permanent outbuildings, focusing on any urgent repairs
- Seeing any significant defects in accessible parts of the building
- Highlighting any urgent problems that need a specialist inspection
- Seeing potential hazards or other matters likely to materially affect the value and legal enquiries
- Assessing the estimated cost of re-build for insurance purposes and providing an opinion of the open market value
Please note that no tests of the services are undertaken.
Call for more information on +44 (0)20 7183 3415